Monday, October 3, 2011

Just had a small epiphany:

For me,
Every picture is a small prayer.
each one different and heartfelt and important (in it's own distinct way)
Something to be thankful for,
Something to be celebrated
Something to be corrected,
Something to be sorry for,
Something that makes us feel big (in a small way)
Or small (in a big way)
Something that needs to be thought about
over and over and over
That needs to be shared.
That needs to live on
That needs t
o be heard.

An acknowledgement
A reminder
A plea
A thank you

Something that makes us feel at peace
Awed
Inspired
Incredibly, profoundly moved 
Part of something huge 
And magnificent
And connected.

Amen.

Just thought I'd share something incredibly personal 
Never really articulated why I love photography so much. Now I know.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful words and stunning image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly wonderful pairing! (and blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your work today because of a link from Brian Matiash. And, man, this poem got me. Thank you. I can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete