Thursday, May 27, 2010

Russell

This is my new friend Russell. I rarely see him awake and he is all kinds of skittish around people. (I have seen him actually switch park benches if someone sits too close and reverse direction if he's walking one way and too many people are approaching.)
He had just woken up when I was walking through Madison Square Park on my way to work this morning and he was clearly not happy.
Come to find out he was hungry. Very hungry.
So I took care of that and we just sat together for awhile. Didn't say much of anything. It was enough that he didn't try to escape. I got up to leave after about 15 minutes and waved goodbye to him. Told him I'd bring him something to eat later. Got a nod. That was more than enough for me.

I am really proud of this 

No comments:

Post a Comment